KINGSTON COBRAS ICE HOCKEY CLUB CONSTITUTION
1.1 The name of the Club shall be called Kingston Cobras Ice Hockey Club, hereafter to be referred to as “the club”
2.1 To foster and promote the sport of ice hockey at all levels, providing opportunities for recreation and competition.
2.2 To operate as a not for profit organisation. Any surplus revenues must be retained by the club for self-preservation, expansion and club plans
3.1 Membership of the Club shall be open to any person completing an EIHArec registration and paying the relevant subscription/joining fee as determined by the Annual General Meeting of the Club Members.
3.2 There shall be two classes of membership available. These are:
3.2.1 Full Team Member: those members who wish to both train and participate in competitive event the Club elects to enter in each year.
3.2.2 Associate Member: those members who wish to only train with the club on a recreational basis and DO NOT wish to participate in competitive events.
4.1 The Officers of the Club shall be as follows:
- Head Coach
5 ELECTION OF OFFICERS
5.1 All Officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Club, from, and by, the full Members of the Club.
5.2 All Officers are elected for a period of one year, but may be re-elected to the same position or another another position the following year.
6 GENERAL COMMITTEE
6.1 The affairs of the Club shall be controlled by a General Committee (hereafter referred to as “the Committee”). The Committee shall comprise of the Elected Officers of the Club by the Full Team Members of the Club. The General Committee shall meet at agreed intervals and not less than four times per year. It may appoint sub-committees.
6.2 The duties of the General Committee shall be:
6.2.1 To control the affairs of the Club on behalf of the all Members.
6.2.2 To keep accurate accounts of the finances of the Club through the Treasurer. These should be available for reasonable inspection by Members of the Committee and should be audited before every Annual General Meeting. The Club shall maintain a bank current account and the following Officers shall be authorised to sign Club cheques: two from the Chairperson; Treasurer and Secretary.
6.2.3 To co-opt additional members of the Committee as the Committee feels this is necessary. Co-opted members shall not be entitled to a vote on the Committee, unless they have been co-opted to replace a member who has died or has resigned. They shall hold office until the next A.G.M.
6.2.4 To make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote. In the case of equal votes, the Chairperson shall be entitled to an additional casting vote.
7 GENERAL MEETINGS
7.1 The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held no later than the end of October each year. Fourteen days written notice shall be given to Members of the Annual General Meeting by posting the notice on the Club notice board. Members must advise the Secretary in writing of any business to be moved at the Annual General Meeting at least 10 days before a meeting. The Secretary shall circulate or give notice of the agenda for the meeting to Members not less than 7 days before the meeting.
7.2 The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be to:
7.2.1 Confirm the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and any other General Meetings.
7.2.2 Receive the Chairs Report
7.2.3 Receive the Coaches Report
7.2.4 Receive the Treasurers Report and Statement of Accounts
7.2.5 Receive the annual report of the Secretary.
7.2.6 Elect the Officers of the Club: Chairperson; Secretary; Treasurer
7.2.7 Elect the Club Coaching staff
7.2.8 Elect the Club Captain & Alternates (3)
7.2.9 Fix Club subscription rates. A Member who has not paid his subscription by such default date as the Committee prescribes may at the discretion of the Committee be deemed to have left the club.
7.2.10 Transact such other business received in writing by the Secretary from Members 10 days prior to the meeting and included on the agenda.
7.2.11 Such other business except business for which a Special General Meeting is required (e.g. expulsion, dissolution or changes to the constitution) as by common consent of the meeting the Chairperson in his/her discretion admits.
NOTE: The agenda could provide for “Any Other Business”, but Members should be encouraged to refer other items to the General Committee and give the required notice for important Annual General Meeting business.
7.3 Special General Meetings may be convened by the General Committee or on receipt by the Secretary of a request in writing from not less than 3 Full Members of the Club. At least 21 days notice of the meeting shall be given.
The business to be considered at the meeting to be specified in the notice convening the business.
7.4 Nomination of candidates for election of Officers shall be made on the day of the Annual General Meeting. Nominations can only be made by Full Team Members and must be seconded by another Full Team Member.
All nominations shall have the consent of the nominee.
7.5 At all General Meetings the chair will be taken by the Chairperson, or, in their absence, by a deputy appointed by the Committee or by Full Team Members attending the meeting.
7.6 Decisions made at a General Meeting shall be by a simple majority of votes from those Full Team Members attending the meeting. In the event of equal votes, the Chairperson shall be entitled to an additional casting vote.
An abstention shall be recorded but shall not count as a vote in either way.
7.7 Each Full Team Member of the Club shall be entitled to one vote on any separate issue at General Meetings.
8 SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
A member who is found by vote carried at a Special General Meeting called in accordance with clause 7.3 to have behaved in a manner likely to bring the club into disrepute or cause substantial prejudice to it may be expelled from the club. Provided that:-
- a) The resolution must be carried by 4/5ths of those attending and voting.
- b) This is the only business at the meeting.
- c) Before putting the motion to the vote the member shall have a full opportunity to address the meeting.
The member expelled may appeal by notice in writing sent to the Secretary of the C.A. within fourteen days who shall within fourteen days thereafter convene a meeting of the Elected Committee, Coaching Staff, and Captains, who shall decide the appeal and shall not be required to give reasons.
9 ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
9.1 Any proposed alterations to the Club Constitution may only be considered at an Annual or Special General Meeting, convened with the required written notice of the proposal. Any alteration or amendment must be proposed by a Full Member of the Club and seconded by another Full Member. Such alterations shall be passed if supported by not less than two thirds of those Full Members present at the meeting and voting
An abstention shall be recorded but shall not count as a vote in either way.
10 RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLUB OFFICIALS
10.1 Club Chair
The Club Chair shall be responsible for calling all Annual General Meetings, and Extraordinary General Meetings, The Club Chair shall also chair (and run) all club meetings. If the Chair is not available to attend a meeting the chair shall nominate an alternative Committee member to chair the meeting.
10.2 Club Treasurer
The Club Treasure shall be responsible for all financial management within the club, including but not exclusively, collecting weekly subscriptions (in the event that the Club Treasurer is not available to collect subscriptions the Club Captain shall undertake the collection of funds), payment of invoices & bills, and all financial record keeping. The Club treasurer shall also present the financial report to the Club at Annual General Meetings.
10.3 Club Secretary
The Club Secretary shall be responsible for recording all minutes at all club meetings including but not exclusively Annual General Meetings, and Extraordinary General Meetings. The Club Secretary shall be the Club’s representative at all EIHA meetings. The Club Secretary shall also arrange all officials for the Club’s competitive events staged at the Hull Arena
10.5 Club Coaching Staff
The Club Coaching Staff shall be responsible for running Club training sessions, in addition the Coaching Staff shall be responsible for all team tactics, strategy, and team selection (in compliance with team selection eligibility criteria, as outlined in Section 11).
The Coaching Staff decision is final. If the Club (or part there of) are unhappy with the Coaching staff they shall notify the Club Chair, and Secretary and call for an Extraordinary General Meeting to discuss the matter at hand. The Coaching Staff shall decide which competitive events the clubs shall enter, and be responsible for the scheduling of such competitive events in con-ordination with the Club Secretary.
10.6 Club Captains
The Club Captains shall undertake all Game responsibilities outlined within the rules of EIHA competitions. The Club Captains shall also be called upon to undertake additional duties by the Committee.
11 TEAM SELECTION FOR COMPETITIVE EVENTS
11.1 Only Full Team Members are eligible for competitive events.
11.2 Selection for competitive events shall be the responsibility of the Coaching staff.
12 PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Players must always adhere to the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone violations of the game rules, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the rules of the game.
- Players must consistently display high standards of behaviour whilst wearing Club colours or at events in the name of the Club, adhering to the rules of any other team or venue.
- Players must respect the rights, dignity, and worth of each and every person involved in the sport.
- Players must accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance, and not argue with the game officials, coaching staff, or other players during competitive events, regarding any issue, be it their own performance or those of other players.
- Players will not refuse to abide by an official’s decision, or perform a verbal, forceful or disrespectful demonstration of dissent to an official’s decision.
- Players will not engage in an abusive verbal attack, including “trash talking” or taunting, to any official, participant, coach, team representative, or spectator.
- Players will not engage in a physical attack, including but not limited to, the laying of a hand upon, pushing, shoving, striking, or kicking of any official, participant, coach, team representative, or spectator.
- Players will acknowledge the referees’ and their opponents’ efforts at the end of each game by shaking their hands and thanking them, regardless of the games result.
- Players will notify the coaching staff before the practice session if they are not able to attend.
- Players will notify the nominated Club representative at least 1 week prior to a competitive event if they are unable to attend.
- Players shall arrive in good time prior to all training and competitive events, players shall also be responsible for their own equipment provision at all times.
- Associate Club members shall ONLY be permitted to train upon payment of weekly subscriptions.
- Full Team Members shall be permitted to be in arrears for a period of no more than two weeks.
- Players will conduct themselves in a befitting manner at all facilities (ice rink, hotel, restaurant, etc.) during any team function or event.